Elizabeth Taylor: I Want the Magic




Interview with Elizabeth Taylor
Conducted by James Grissom
NYC
1991

My mother went out and got the magical life for me--and for herself, I should add. The point is: I saw the magic, so I believed in it, and it kept happening. You have to believe it's out there, and most people don't. Most people are afraid to dream for fear of what someone else will think. I didn't have time for that, because I wasn't allowed for a very long time to think for myself, and I hated that, but I also loved that, because a magical life presented itself to me and has been available to me ever since. Everyone who has ever had a life of adventure and color and richness believed in it and believed that they deserved it. That sounds easy, but it's terribly hard. Most people are more comfortable envying and grousing and looking down the road for something. I want the magic. I got the magic.



© 2014 James Grissom

Comments

Popular Posts