Marian Seldes: Wonder in the World



Interview with Marian Seldes
Conducted by James Grissom
New York City
2003


I'm not going to give up on people or the theatre or life or books. I'm not going to give up on anything except the constant need so many have to analyze and criticize what is wrong with people or things or places. I find wonder in the world because I look for it, and it always shows itself. I never believed that the great thing--a part, a friend, an idea--would knock on my door and ask to be let in: I knew that it was out there, waiting for me after a journey and a few discoveries. Everyone has a story and a lesson within them, and I've grown from all I've learned. I go into situations prepared to love them and learn from them. I have found the wonder in the world not because I'm smart or talented or brave, but because I'm curious and persistent and determined to find it. And I always have.


© 2014  James Grissom

Comments

Popular Posts